Thursday, September 2, 2010
In Class: pathos in a public place
Although I am still not quite sure where my public space will be, I am leaning towards Sundance square. Using pathos in this place should be quite easy due to the amount of different shops, restaurants, and bars. I feel that the area evokes positive emotions, many of the people walking around are happy and upbeat. Sitting in the balcony of the Flying Saucer will probably show this the most. I imagine people drinking and having a good time. Plus it's probably a place where some go time after time and has nostalgic emotion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think an interesting concept will be how differently Sun Dance Square evokes emotions from outsiders. When I went there for the first time it had a true Texas feel that I haven't really seen often. Many people from Texas probably are used to this and barely even notice.
ReplyDelete