Thursday, September 16, 2010

In Class: Observing The Saucer

I made it to the Flying Saucer only three times, but what I observed was tremendous. For the most part, my expectations were met, I observed what I thought I would observe. However, there were things that I didn't really expect to take place that did.

Starting with what I did expect to observe would have to be people drinking beer and I saw plenty of it. The majority were drinking darker colored microbrewed or imported beers and very few had large domestics like bud light or coors light. I also expected and did see a larger crowd on the weekend compared to on the weekdays. I knew there weren't going to be very many people in at 2 in the afternoon (everyones working) while the bar would be full at 10 at night on a Saturday.

Then there were things that I did not expect to observe but did and things that I had never noticed prior to sitting and just watching. During the day when there were only around 10 people in The Saucer I happened to see two people reading books, and about five of the people were alone. I also noticed that all the servers were women and the bartender was very knowledgeable about the beers they had.

No comments:

Post a Comment