Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In Class: Ethos artifact

The artifact that I chose to bring in today that represents ethos is a picture of Aristotle. I chose this picture because I wanted to pick someone who has credibility and authority. Aristotle is a good match because he was one, if not the first to coin ethos, pathos, and logos for making logical argument. He also was a famous philosopher who was taught by Plato and who taught Alexander the Great. The Greek teacher shaped the foundation of early physical science and physics as well.

I can't really think of any other person better suited to make an argument based on character and credibility. Even after more than 2000 years, he is still as credible as when he was alive. The picture of him shows a man who is prestigious and proud, a man that knows what he is talking about.

1 comment:

  1. I think Aristotle is a very interesting choice as he is a popular figure in relation to reason and argument. He teachings have also led to develop of many of history's most famous people as you've mentioned.

    ReplyDelete