Thursday, October 21, 2010
In Class: Primary Sources
My topic for the rhetorical analysis essay is Liverpool Football Club's buyout by John Henry and New England Sports Ventures. Because this event happend in the United Kingdom, the majority of the articles and blogs were non American. This made it extremely hard in finding good, long pieces to analyze. With much difficulty, I was able to find three primary sources that were good enough to write about. Two out of the three sources that I chose were a challenge to analyze because most of the information, albeit discriptive, was facts and quotations from British news agencies. Only one writer commented enough on the topic, and that author was someone who supported and knew about Liverpool long before the sale took place.Trying to write a rhetorical analysis on authors who show no signs of interest in the topic is more difficult, but I tried to use this in a positive way. By showing their lack of knowledge on the topic, I was able to write how ineffective they were as writers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey David, I really liked that you are writing about Liverpool FC. As a fellow fan of the Merseyside club, I followed what was happening with the takeover very closely too. So, I think this would be a great event or saga to write about.
ReplyDelete